[daip] Re: APCAL

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue May 23 11:42:05 EDT 2006

Hi Thomas,

You have run across a change I made recently.  We had complaints about
APCAL making bad fits, which is usually due to bad data.  What freq are
you observing at?  A Tau0 of 151 is really high.  Maybe this is
something peculiar about Effelsburg, or the lack of WX entries for
Effelsburg.

Eric thinks I should change it so it does not croak, but I fear for
novice users.  I think I will do a compromise that is the Tau0 or Trec
are less than 0 (obviously rediculous), I will still have APCAL die, but
I will just give warnings for high numbers.

Cheers,

Amy