[daip] Re: fails in INSTEP2... Re: possibly incorrect flagging during correlation for project BC127H

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 19 11:05:31 EDT 2006

Andrei Sokolov writes:

 > AipsWiz: Error: Look in /applications/aips/31DEC06/LINUX/INSTALL to see
 > AipsWiz: Error: if you can figure out what went wrong.  There are
 > AipsWiz: Error: many log and list files there.  You may want to do
 >
 > grep -v ^- *.LIS

Did you do this?  One subroutine in the Z routines failed to compile
in your environment.  The failure is in the INSTEP2.LOG file and the
above grep command would pinpoint which routine one has to look at.
If you send me the small portion of INSTEP2.LOG that refers to that
failed routine I might be able to help.

The web site has all sorts of info on the binary installation.  It is
very simple - fetch install.pl (which you ahve already done) and then
do

perl instal.pl -n

where the -n says "network" and this will install the appropriate
binaries.