[daip] Adding flux_density output to IMSTAT

Ed Fomalont efomalon at nrao.edu
Sun May 14 23:39:46 EDT 2006

I am using imstat in order to determine properties of a source in some
of my scripts.  The total flux density is given in the imstat logged
output, but it is not available as one of the outputs.  The total flux
density in the box can be obtained from

      PIXAVG * (Number of pixels) / (Number of cells per beam)

   where the number of pixels per beam =
           bmaj*bmin / cellsize**2 / sqrt(ln(2))   (I think)

The adverb FLUX is available for this value.

Thanks,  Ed