[daip] DELZN problem

Sean.Dougherty at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca Sean.Dougherty at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Sun May 14 18:16:47 EDT 2006

Eric/Leonia,

I've found a few issues with DELZN in both the 31DEC06
version (MNJ'd May 10, 2006) and with 31DEC05 version (MNJ'd Jan 16,
2006).

Inputs to delzn are nothing wild:
aparm 1,2,3,0,1
dotv=1

The 31DEC06 version generates the following output when I try and run
DELZN.

LOCALH> DELZN1: Task DELZN  (release of 31DEC06) begins
LOCALH> DELZN1: !!!!! center of the data is at    0.81208 !!!!!
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   1
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   2
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   3
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   4
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   5
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   6
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   7
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   8
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row   9
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  10
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  11
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  12
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  13
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  14
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  15
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  16
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  17
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  18
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  21
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  22
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  23
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  29
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  30
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  31
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  32
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  33
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  34
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  35
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  36
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  37
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  38
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  39
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  40
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  41
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  42
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  46
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  47
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  20
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  19
LOCALH> DELZN1: LEASQR: Design matrix inconsistency in row  49
LOCALH> DELZN1: TICINC: POSITION ROUTINES FAIL ON THIS IMAGE
LOCALH> DELZN1: TICINC: POSITION ROUTINES FAIL ON THIS IMAGE
LOCALH> DELZN1: ZCLOSE: DOES NOT PERFORM TV CLOSES AS OF 15OCT87
LOCALH> DELZN1: Appears to have ended successfully
LOCALH> DELZN1: localhost    31DEC06 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

If I set dotv=-1, then I get the same error message but at least
there is a pl file. The pl file contains the box for one of the antenna
plots,
but no tick marks and no data or delzn fit.

If I then set outfi and write out the text, an example of the output is:
2254
  1   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN
  2   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN
  4   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN
  5   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN
  6   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN
  7   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN
  8   0 13 30 12.3 NaN        NaN        NaN         NaN

NaN's can't be a good thing!

Then I tried the 31DEC05 version.

With dotv=1, it works fine. With dotv=-1, works fine. But when I write
out the values to disk via outfile, the fist few lines of output looks like:
2254
  1   0 13 30 12.3*********  *********  **********  **********
  2   0 13 30 12.3*********  *********  **********  **********
  9   0 13 30 12.3*********     0.0000  **********     0.00000

This is unforunate since I need these values to input into CLCOR to apply
the zenith atmos delay!

Any insight to help resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Sean