[daip] install.pl error

Jose-Maria Torrelles torrelles at ieec.fcr.es
Fri Mar 24 11:56:30 EST 2006

Dear AIPS group, trying to install AIPS, for the first time when running
as normal user install.pl I receive the following error message (I
installed many times AIPS as normal user and I never received this message):

AipsWiz: Error: You are logged in as root or are a member of the
AipsWiz: Error: root group.  This leads to all sorts of trouble.

AipsWiz: Error: Quitting now - log in as a normal user and run
AipsWiz: Error: install.pl from that account.

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance,

Jose M. Torrelles