[daip] aips_gripe

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Mar 19 12:53:23 EST 2006

Stephen White writes:
 > {19-MAR-2006 07:59:56}
 > {slim         UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
 > {   58  31DEC06  LINX}
 > {Stephen White}
 > {Dept of Astronomy, Univ. Maryland}
 > {301 405 1547}
 > {IMMOD.HLP unnecessarily limits FWID to be between -180 and 180. Since
 >  FWID is an array of BMAJ,BMIN,BPA, it is only appropriate for the BPA elements
 >  of the array to be so limited, but the .HLP file makes no distinction
 >  (and IMMOD crashes when I try to model the solar disk).}
 > {remove limits on FWID in IMMOD}
 > {white at astro.umd.edu}
 > { }

I agree that the limits are a bit arbitrary and I have removed them in
31DEC06.  I guess it was assumed that 180 pixels is pretty large for
the widths.

You say that IMMOD "crashes" when you run it - do you mean it will not
start with FWIDTH parameters that are large enough or that it does
something else?  If so, please provide details - e.g. inputs and
messages.