[daip] Re: Aips and Intel compilator

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 10 14:07:53 EST 2006

Nanni Mauro writes:
 > With your  help I finish to link  AIPS with Intel compiler .
 >
 > So I confirm that  IFC  9.0 have the same bug  of the  8.1
 >
 > Many thanks
 >
 > Bye Mauro Nanni
 >
 > Eric Greisen wrote:
 >
 > >It is strange that your copy of 9.0 has this problem.  We had an 8.1
 > >in Oxford with this problem.  (It refuses to allow a library to be
 > >listed twice but will not search a library twice.)  We foiled it by
 > >making soft links to the APLSUB and APLLINUX directories and changing
 > >the LIBR.DAT (in $SYSLOCAL) to use the link names the second time.

Our 9.0 does not have this problem.  I gather there are sub-version
numbers too since we are now seeing this issue with the new Intel
compiler for Macs (Intel chip).  What subversion is your compiler?

Ours says
dave<160>$ /opt/intel/fc/9.0/bin/ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 9.0  20050430
Copyright (C) 1985-2005 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.