[daip] forwarded message from Jim Ulvestad

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 19 10:43:08 EDT 2006

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Jim Ulvestad <julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu>
To: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
Subject: AIPSLetter comments
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:08:30 -0600

Copy with minor markups will appear in your paper mailbox
in a few minutes.  Mostly typos.  One substantive comment
is that I'm wondering why the models for flux calibrators are
at two different websites.  Can't we just take Claire's models
and Amy's and combine them into one website?

On the same subject, it seems to me that it might be useful to
have a comprehensive article on the flux calibrator models,
as a memo in the AIPS series.  Since this is such an important
issue, it may be useful to say what has been done, how the
models are used, and what the improvement might be.

Similarly, AIPS memos on PEELR and on the spectral-index
imaging seem worthwhile, if it's possible to find time to write
these up.

Jim