[daip] AIPS TVSERVER help!

ttp2103 at columbia.edu ttp2103 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 21 13:46:51 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm an undergrad and new to AIPS software.  I had AIPS installed on
my 12" Mac PowerBook in early June and the grad student who helped
me was surprised that everything worked on the first attempt.  AIPS
was running smoothly until yesterday when the TV window would not
open.  I had some grad students help me with no success and they
directed me to you saying that you've helped them in similar
situations.  I was hoping you might be able to help remedy the
issue.  Here is the error message that I get when I start AIPS:

XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1014 668, max grey level 255
MakeLink: bind error (INET): Address already in use
TVSERVER told to shut down by XAS
XAS: Quitting NOW.
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED

I've tried several things, like killing TPMON because aips won't do
it on its own, but nothing has worked.  Any idea what is wrong?
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.