[daip] VBGLU bug

Cormac Reynolds reynolds at jive.nl
Tue Jan 31 10:31:14 EST 2006

hi,

sorry but it appears that I was premature in declaring VBGLU to work the other
day. It turns out I made a mistake in the test and in fact joined two copies of
the same data together (which strangely appeared to work). When I do things
correctly and try to join the separate IFs together the new VBGLU fails in
exactly the same way as the old one. Also, contrary to my previous message, the
first file is 8 IFs of LCP and the second file is 8 IFs (same frequencies) of
RCP. I'm not sure if this is significant for your algorithm or not. We did get
VBGLU to work by first averaging the data (and running FXPOL afterwards).
Apparently this avoided the overflow problem.

Cormac.

Cormac Reynolds                      |   Phone: +31 (0)521 596507 (New!)
Science Operations & Support Group,  |   Fax: +31 (0)521 596539
Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe,  |   email: reynolds at jive.nl
Postbus 2,                           |
7990 AA Dwingeloo,                   |
The Netherlands.                     |