[daip] Re:

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:34:59 EST 2006

Sarah Burke writes:

Please use a subject that is clearly AIPS related - I get so much spam
that a no subject line might well be discarded without examination.

 > I'm having an error after I split a uv file-- two of the 10 files split
 > from the original maintain "WRIT" status, and give this error in the
 > message screen:
 >
 > SPLIT1: Create 11340+49037 .D4-QRE.   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno  291
 > SPLIT1: SPLCOP FOUND NO SAMPLES OUT OF   19326 POSSIBLE
 > SPLIT1:        IS SUBARRAY  1 IN CL/SN TABLE?
 > SPLIT1:            Previously flagged   flagged by gain         kept
 > SPLIT1: Partially             486                   0              0
 > SPLIT1: Fully                   0               19326              0
 > SPLIT1: SPLCOP: ERROR - NO DATA WRITTEN
 > SPLIT1: PROBLEM WITH SOURCE: 11340+49037
 > ------------------
 > SPLIT1: Create 11348+48574 .D4-QRE.   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno  293
 > SPLIT1: SPLCOP FOUND NO SAMPLES OUT OF   20996 POSSIBLE
 > SPLIT1:        IS SUBARRAY  1 IN CL/SN TABLE?
 > SPLIT1:            Previously flagged   flagged by gain         kept
 > SPLIT1: Partially               5                   0              0
 > SPLIT1: Fully                   0               20996              0
 > SPLIT1: SPLCOP: ERROR - NO DATA WRITTEN
 > SPLIT1: PROBLEM WITH SOURCE: 11348+48574

 > Does this mean our data for these files is corrupt/totally unusable-- or
 > is there a way around it?

You need to take a look at the times that the data for these sources
occur and what the contents of the CL table for those times are, just
as the error message suggests.  It seems unlikely that the
calibrations should fail for all antennas at once, but that can
happen.  There is also possibilities of differing FQ or SUBARRAY for
these times.  SNPLT is one way to look at the CL table although PRTAB
may in the end be necessary.