[daip] mount tapes (fwd)

Miller Goss mgoss at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 18 11:09:22 EST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:06:56 -0700 (MST)
From: Miller Goss <mgoss at parkes>
To: daips at parkes
Subject: mount tapes

Eric

I get this on both MIZAR and HAMAL.
the tape mounts and then :

IPS 1:                                    if not blank = FITS disk file
> tph
ZVTPX2 READ HEADER ERROR: Success
AIPS 1: TPHEAD:  END-OF-FILE = END-OF-INFORMATION?
ZVTPX2 READ HEADER ERROR: Success
AIPS 1: ZTAPR: ZVTPX2 RETURNS ERROR CODE      4
AIPS 1: ZTAPR: ERROR WAS ON OP ='BAKF' COUNT=  2 LUN=**
AIPS 1: REMOTE ZTAPE RETURNS ERROR     4
AIPS 1: This usually means unexpected END-OF-FILE
AIPS 1: ZSTAIP: Dismounting remote tape 5 as drive 2 on hamal
AIPS 1: ZMOUNR: LUN = ** ALREADY OPEN IN FTAB
AIPS 1: ZMOUNT: ERROR     1 RETURNED BY ZMOUN2/ZMOUNR
AIPS 1: ZABORS: signal 13 received
AIPS 1: ABORT!
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
parkes<222

As usual I bet I am doing something stupid !  But
I can work now by logging directly onto mizar and da=parkes ( my machine ).

this does work of course.

thanks
Miller