[daip] interesting fits problem

Lawrence Rudnick larry at astro.umn.edu
Fri Feb 24 12:17:41 EST 2006

Eric - here's what may be an interesting fits issue.  I cannot read in
FITS files created from CUBISM into AIPS  (31DEC04).   I read these
files successfully in ds9, and in fact write them back out of ds9 as
FITS files, but AIPS won't read either version.

Attached is one such file, small map.   Following is the error
messages.  All defaults except fo input file.  Also tried turning
DOTABLE=-1. Same problem.

Can you read this?  Advice?  Thanks.

Larry

SHEMES> FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC04) begins
SHEMES> FITLD1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 15 NREC =        6
SHEMES> FITLD1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 5121 THRU = 6144 BEYOND EOF = 5120
SHEMES> FITLD1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
SHEMES> FITLD1: CATDIR: I/O ERROR READING CATALOG FILES:    3
SHEMES> FITLD1: MCREAT: CATDIR IO ERROR=   3
SHEMES> FITLD1: MAP CREATE ERROR
SHEMES> FITLD1: ERROR      1 RETURNED FROM IMGTAP
SHEMES> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
SHEMES> FITLD1: shemesh      31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       2