[daip] AIPS05-06 Bug report

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 22 15:22:55 EST 2006

Vassili Vitrischak writes:

 > I guess this bug has been reported several times already, but still...:
 >
 > Model plot in IBLED is not working in AIPS05, AIPS06.
 > I try to use CCs from the image (just imaged by IMAGR) and task IBLED just throws out the
 > following and exits:
 >
 > AIPS 2: TASK QUIT WITHOUT RESUMING ME
 > AIPS 2: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
 > AIPS 2: Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
 > AIPS 2: Resumes
 >
 > If I remove the model from the active parameters (CLR3NAME) IBLED works fine.

Actually it has not been reported - perhaps few people use IBLED.

I have worked on it and a MNJ tomorrow should get a corrected task in
31DEC06.  You could see if you forgot to set NMAPS - the task did not
default it to 1 and so tried to set some numbers to new values which
causes an abort.  I suspect that you will find as I did when that is
fixed that there are further layers of problems.

Be sure to set DPARM(5) adequately too - I fixed all bugs but left
that at 10sec with 2min data samples and no model was plotted.

Thanks,