[daip] Frequency coordinates(31DEC05 vs 31DEC04)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 14 13:18:22 EST 2006

I now understand some things better.

TST has had a change from NEW.  The calibration routines used to
ignore the channel width from the FQ table.  This could be a big
problem if the channel width from the selected FQID or IF was not the
same as that in the input header (presumably FQID 1, IF 1).  This
correction has not been put in 31DEC05.  Thus, the fact that TST got a
width based on the FQ table while NEW and OLD were based on the input
header now makes sense.

Also, the FQ reading routines convert the channel width to negative if
the FQ record has either a negative channel width or a negative
sideband (and the sideband is then listed as +1).  This explains why I
always got negative increments in my IMAGR cubes.

I note now that the GRDMEM messages seem to be getting the values from
the FQ table whether the header does or not - but they still have the
right sign.  So I still do not understand your result.

Could you run IMAGR so that the work file is saved (set IN2NAME and
IN2CLASS) and look at the FQ table attached to it?