[daip] problem finding images in AIPS

Robert F Willson rob.willson at tufts.edu
Thu Feb 9 10:59:48 EST 2006

Hi,

  I'm running the 31DEC02 version of AIPS on my LINUX machine and today
ran into a problem: WHen I try to display an image (.MA) by saying
TVALL, I get the message "TVFIND: NO MA IMAGES ARE ON ACCORDING TO
CATALOG"

I hadn't used AIPS in a while (probably 3 months) and in the meantime,
my IP address changed from 130.64.40.180 to 130.64.40.120. This has
happened several times since I installed AIPS and each time I changed
the appropriate line in HOSTS.LIST as well as the names of the data
directories in DA00 and DATA (i.e. from DHCP40-180_1 to DHCP40-120_1.
I can access the image and UV files and run routines such as CNTR which
plots contours of the images on the AIPS TV window, but I haven't had
any luck getting the images themselves to display using TVALL. I seem
to remember having a similar problem a while ago, but can't recall how
I fixed it. Any ideas?
Thanks

Rob Willson
Department of Physics and Astronomy