[daip] AIPS install to a Core Duo machine with SuSE10.1

Ray Furuya rsf at subaru.naoj.org
Mon Aug 28 06:01:33 EDT 2006

Dear AIPS help desk staff

Hello, I am Ray Furuya at Subaru Telescope, NAOJ in
Hawaii. I am trying to install 31DEC06 version to
my Linux notebook (Dell M90, Intel Core Duo, with
SuSE Linux 10.1). I have encountered errors probably
associated with Fortran compiler and Linker.
In the attached email, let me send the error messages
and the FDEFAULT.SH (which the error message complained about) files. The Fortran compiler I used
is Intel Fortran Compiler 9.0 for Linux
(http://www.intel.com/software/products/noncom)
whose default installation path is /opt/intel/fc/9.0.

I am wondering if the intel dual-core architecture
(plus SuSE) causes some problems.

Could you please help me to diagnose the problem ?
I greatly appreciate your help, thank you so much!

Best regards,
Ray Furuya

Ray S. Furuya
rsf at subaru.naoj.org