[daip] DBCON

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 25 17:47:34 EDT 2006

Andy Biggs writes:

 > harpor> DBCON1: FQIDS HAVE NOT BEEN RESET AS THEY SHOULD DUE TO FQTOL
 > harpor> DBCON1: OR DUE TO THERE BEING NO FQ RANDOM PARAMETER
 >
 > Maybe this is nothing to worry about, but I'd like to be sure.

   Almost certainly negligable although it is a bit odd.  It seems to
be saying that the FQID of some of the data does not match the FQID of
others of the data.  Usually UVCOP would set the FQID to 1 for any
single FQID copied.  Perhaps if FQID was not specified in UVCOP it
might just retain the ID rather than force it to one.

 > By the way, in general, should this technique for combining multi-channel
 > VLA and MERLIN data work okay?

It would be a lot better to have IMAGR be able to read multiple files
of different frequency structure.  But that is a daunting task I have
kept on the wish list for a long time.  This method prevents any use
of frequency-dependent things such as primary beam correction or
spectral index things.  But for simple imaging it should work fine.