[daip] running aips on remote machine

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 23 16:50:04 EDT 2005

Hi Ulrich,

I am a little confused by what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to
run AIPS on the first machine and remotely access the disks on AIDA33?
Or are you trying to run AIPS on AIDA33?  My guess is it is the second,
which means you are trying to add a new host.

The AIPS manager FAQ http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr/ might help
you for either of these situations.  Look under "How do I configure a
new AIPS host machine?" or "How do I configure new AIPS data area?".

Feel free to ask more question, I may have misunderstood what you are
trying to do.

Cheers,

Amy