[daip] Re: IT's definitley STRANGE UVCOP

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Sep 11 14:53:27 EDT 2005

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner writes:

 > Sorry I'm somehow confused! I run into the
 > following problem. Using UVCOP to delete some visibilities works ONLY
 > if the BCHAN and ECHAN in the flag table is set to 1 0 otherwise UVCOP
 > does not delete anything. I did the following experiment on several
 > datasets:
 >
 > I produce 2 flag tables with UVFLG one with
 > BCHAN 0, ECHAN 0 and one with BCHAN 40, ECHAN 41.
 >
 > UVCOP only dropped some vis. records in the first case and
 > does nothing in the secound.
 >
 > Is there some hidden knowledge why? If not and I hope it's not my AIPS
 > version, do you see an easy way to fix that problem ?

In the 2nd case it will not drop a record, just flag channels 40 and
41 inside that record.  I bet if you run PRTUV on CHANNEL=40 you will
see that the UVCOP output has negative or 0 weight where the channel
is to be flagged.  Note that a UV data record contains all of the
channels and will be dropped only if all of the channels (and all of
the IFs and all of the polarizations) are flagged.