[daip] problem with aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 26 10:48:28 EDT 2005

Robert F Willson writes:
 > Help! I have a sudden problem with AIPS (31 DEC02 version) which I'm running in
 > my Linux box.
 > After I logged in to AIPS today and tried to run a program, say, Lister, I get
 > the messages:
 >
 > ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
 > ZDIR:
 > ZTXMAT ERROR =  2

      This is almost ceratinly due to a bad character in the adverb
VERSION.  Set VERSION=' ' and all should be well.

 > I also noticed that as AIPS was booting up, I got the following message:
 >
 > ZDCHIN: NO NETSP RNTRY FOR DA01
 > THIS MEANS THE TIMEDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0

      This is due to a mismatch between the disk area declarations in
$AIPS_ROOT/DA00/DADEVS.LIST (or one of the other ways to get dadevs
declared) and the disk declarations in $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/NETSP.  It is
not serious but you could check the disk declarations as youi start
aips with those in NETSP to remove the annoyance.

Eric Greisen