[daip] problem with aips

Robert F Willson rob.willson at tufts.edu
Wed Oct 26 09:36:16 EDT 2005

Help! I have a sudden problem with AIPS (31 DEC02 version) which I'm running in
my Linux box.
After I logged in to AIPS today and tried to run a program, say, Lister, I get
the messages:

ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
ZDIR:
ZTXMAT ERROR =  2

I also noticed that as AIPS was booting up, I got the following message:

ZDCHIN: NO NETSP RNTRY FOR DA01
THIS MEANS THE TIMEDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0

I am able to see the UV and map files by saying ucat and mcat. The only thing
that changed in my system from a couple of days ago is that the network people
at Tufts connected my machine to new Ethernet jacks in the wall. The ethernet
address 130.64.40.180 did not change, however.

Thanks for your help!

Rob Willson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Tufts University