[daip] message server problems

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 03:36:02 EDT 2005

Hi there. I did as you said, but the message server simply dies as per
usual, this time though with no delay i.e. it dies before it's able to
report anything (such as not being able to find libsvml.so). However, due
to the way that my pine displayed your message, at first I typed the line
in with a return character (and no continuation character) immediately
after "'echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ;". This produced the usual message about
libsvml, but also reported that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was an undefined variable.
The message server then died.

Andy