[daip] Re: Question about MNJ and data areas transfer

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Oct 16 11:24:26 EDT 2005

Jeff Mangum writes:
 >    1. Does the MNJ run on Macs?

            Of course.  The text and the binary one works for 31DEC05.
We do recommend the binary since the programs run faster.

 >    2. I have data directories on my old (linux) laptop that I would like
 >       to move to my Mac.  Can I simply copy them from the old laptop to
 >       the Mac?

            No.  Linux has the opposite byte order from Mac and
Solaris.  You must use FITS files.  The procs in the run file WRTPROCS
will help - esp WRTDISK on the LInux side and READISK on the Mac
side.