[daip] Tiger upgrade

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Oct 16 06:43:24 EDT 2005

Sara Beck writes:

 > I want to upgrade my Mac to TIGER, but I am worried this will disturb the
 > Classic AIPS now running happily.  What have you heard from people who
 > have installed TIGER? Any hints or advice or common problems?

You may have to reinstall aips but I suspect not.  When you install
Tiger it will change the system files so you will need to do over
again the files that control system services and shared memory sizes.
See the aips manager FAQ page for the details of these

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr/index.htm

Otherwise aips seems to run fine under Tiger.  There are problems with
tiger for compilers but we run a panther system to build the
binaries.