[daip] FRING message

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:35:43 EDT 2005

Jim,

Turns out this message was created because the Intel compiler optimized
the loop that calculated the frequencies causing them to be inaccurate
at a level of a few hundred kHz.  After much experimenting, Eric and I
decided the best solution was to make the FREQS array double precision,
which then forced the Intel compiler *not* to optimize that specific
loop, and the warning went away.  I compared the optimized and
non-optimized solutions from FRING, and they were nearly identical, so
your data was probably not effected.

Cheers,

Amy