[daip] Re: run files in aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:20:48 EDT 2005

robert becker writes:
 >  hi, what sets the upper limit to the allowed length of a run file?
 > what is that length? is it hard to change?

So far as I know there is no upper limit to a run file - it is just an
alternative source of input to the keyboard.  The POPS language has a
finite area for compiled procedures if this is what you mean by a run
file (such procs are easier to generate outside aips).  Do remember
compress and core - the former to get back space wasted when a proc is
recompiled and the latter to show you the state of the 3 parts of the
POPS memory.

There is an include file PKSZ used by include DCON that defines all
this.  Then FILAIP uses it to create ME files of the right size and
AIPS can automatically translate old SAVE/GET files into the new
larger size if needed.