[daip] Question about AIPS on a Mac powerbook

Dayton Jones Dayton.L.Jones at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 11 19:13:16 EDT 2005

Greetings.  I had AIPS running on a Mac powerbook several months
ago, but then had a long interval where it was not possible to
run the midnight job.  A few days ago I got the midnight job
re-started on my Mac, and of course had a huge backlog of updates.
Since then, I find that AIPS no longer runs.  Instead, I get the
following error:

>START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the HP printer in room 308
>START_AIPS:  - system name 137.79.40.68, AIPS type PS
>
>START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
>  (Using global default file /Applications/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
>   Disk 1 (1) is /Applications/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1
>
>Tape assignments:
>   Tape 1 is REMOTE
>   Tape 2 is REMOTE
>
>START_AIPS: You do not seem to be at a workstation (TERM=vt100)
>START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
>Starting up 31DEC05 AIPS with normal priority
>Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC05) at priority =   0
>dyld: AIPS1 Undefined symbols:
>AIPS1 undefined reference to _mbrlen expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>AIPS1 undefined reference to _mbrtowc expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>AIPS1 undefined reference to _wcwidth expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
>Trace/BPT trap

I am running the same version of the Mac operating system as I
had been previously (10.2.8).  Is there anything in the last few
months of updates to 31DEC05 AIPS (since mid-June) that might be
the cause of these three undefined variables?  Thank you for any
suggestions you may have.  Cheers,
                                   Dayton Jones (dj at sgra.jpl.nasa.gov)