[daip] UVFLG

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:03:00 EDT 2005

Hi all,

The unflag option in UVFLG (opcode 'reas') doesn't appear to be very robust.
Claire tells me that it only works for data that were already flagged
in UVFLG, which is certainly my experience--I can't unflag data in
a flag table delivered from the VLBA correlator, using an antenna
number and a reason, with basically all other inputs defaulting.
There is no indication in the help file that I need to set other parameters,
such as TIMERANG.  If this is known behavior, perhaps it ought to be
in the help file.  If it's not known behavior, perhaps it is a bug or an
incompetent user.  (I got a PI letter from the analysts that said an hour of
data was improperly flagged and should be unflagged, but apparently it
isn't so easy!!!)

Thanks again,

Jim