[daip] problem in installing 31DEC05 AIPS version on laptop

Rachel Osten rosten at astro.umd.edu
Wed Nov 30 17:16:43 EST 2005

OK, that seemed to work -- I was able to RUN FILAIP and RUN POPSGN and
they seemed to execute properly.  However, I'm still having a problem
when trying to run AIPS, and this is the same problem I was having with
the old version of AIPS, so maybe installing a new version wasn't the
thing to do.  I can start up AIPS, and list the contents of a
disk/catalog, but if I try to invoke a command like "tvall" or "tget
imagr" I get an error message.  For the latter example, I get the
following error:

 >tget imagr
AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
AIPS 1: ZDIR:
AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2
 >task 'imagr'
 >inp
AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
AIPS 1: ZDIR:
AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2

and the former, I get this error:

 >getn 70 ;tvall
AIPS 1: Got(1)   disk= 3  user=2424   type=MA   TWA5B.ICL001.2
AIPS 1: TVFIND: NO MA IMAGES ARE ON ACCORDING TO CATALOG

I've listed the contents of the catalog, and the image appears.

I had an AIPS window open and running the other day, when my computer
froze up from something unrelated (to AIPS) I was trying to do with my
web browser.  I didn't think anything of it and manually rebooted it.  I
think these problems stem from that incident, but I don't have a clue as
to what to check.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rachel Osten