[daip] AIPS INSTALL TROUBLES

William Adler wadler at robotics.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 11 17:22:22 EST 2005

HI - I am trying to install the 31DEC05 version of aips on a solaris 9
machine using
locally compiled gcc 3.4 and g77 ...    I have run into a few problems
such as the DECBIT.f
being specified incorreclty in a .LIS file causing it to be compiled
without the -O3 option
and  a bunch of problems with the VALUE parameter of a some subroutings
(POSITION.FOR..)
being INTEGER when they should be DOUBLE PRECISION.

I cannot help but think that I have missed something really fundamental
here.

But, I installed this on a linux machine and it just installed perfectly...

Thanks

Bill Adler
JPL