[daip] BPASS bug for single-source files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 7 17:11:15 EST 2005

The snippet of code you found in BPASS is a curious "Philism".  The
VLBA in principle needs to know the exact frequency of observation to
shift the bandpass and, in principle, then needs to read the CL table
version 1 to get the last little bit of accuracy.  Fortunately, it now
does that only if both VLBA and ACONLY.  So far as I can tell, BPASS
tells the FRQUPD subroutine that the CL table is sorted and open - but
I see no place that it is opened!

It would be better to have FRQUPD sort the table if it is needed - it
is already smart enough to return if the there is no table.

I propose remove this CL table sort entirely and changing BPASS to
tell FRQUPD that the table is neither open or sorted on the first
call, but that it is open thereafter.

Thanks - I guess - for letting out more rattlesnakes.