[daip] Re: MNJ implementation after aips installation

Jeff Mangum jmangum at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 1 11:43:29 EST 2005

Hi Eric,

Eric Greisen wrote:

>Ah - now we hit the installation error.
>
>Please note this Pat Murphy.
>
>They have set your SITE to NRAOCV.  That is not correct and is casuing
>your problem.  You may choose any site except NRAOCV, VCOARN, NRAOAOC,
>COAOARN, NRAOVLA, and a few other magic strings.  All of those have to
>be defined in a file which is shipped to the whole world.  We cannot
>(read will not) add misc laptops to that file.
>
>To change this, pick a site name - not too many chars and in upper
>case and then
>
>edit $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST
>
>changing NRAOCV to <YOUR_CHOICE>.  Then
>
>cd $TST/$ARCH/SYSTEM
>mv NRAOCV <YOUR_CHOICE>
>
>then source the LOGIN.CSH or . LOGIN.SH.
>
>Remember that this last must be in your login script too.

Ah yes.  Now it works, but with two little hitches...

torgo:~ jmangum$ ./do_daily.torgo
AIPSUPD - cd /Users/aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/UPDATE
AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20051101.162939
AIPSUPD - LogFile is
/Users/aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/UPDATE/UPD20051101.162939.LOG
AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is
/Users/aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/UPDATE/UPD20051101.162939.ERR
AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
UPDCVS - cvs update of 31DEC05 completed

cvs server: cannot open directory /home/aipssrc/cvs/TEXT/UPDATE: No such
file or directory
cvs server: skipping directory TEXT/UPDATE
UPDCVS - cvs update of TEXT completed
AIPSUPD - calling UPDCONTROL
UPDCONTROL - Syncing LASTGOOD.DAT.mnj.aoc.nrao.edu
UPDCONTROL - calling UPDOBSLT on sorted PUTBCK, REMOVE
UPDCONTROL - UPDOBSLT done, new PUTBCK.UPD
UPDCONTROL - calling UPDSRTUNQ REMOVE
UPDCONTROL - calling UPDLSTDAT REASONS.UPD
UPDCONTROL - calling UPDSRTUNQ PUTBCK
UPDCONTROL - applying COMRPL/LNK.ADD to .UPD files
UPDCONTROL - removing any aipssrc compiles/links
UPDCONTROL - Calling UPDSRTUNQ COMRPL
UPDCONTROL - Calling UPDSRTUNQ COMLNK
UPDCONTROL - Done.
UPDCONTROL - created temporary file 20051101.162939.SPECIAL
UPDCONTROL - TPMON found in COMLNK.UPD
UPDCONTROL - mailing special file to jmangum
UPDCONTROL - regenerating COMRPL.UPD.SUM
UPDCONTROL - regenerating COMLNK.UPD.SUM
AIPSUPD - UPDCONTROL done
AIPSUPD - calling UPDREMOVE (watch those libraries)
AIPSUPD - UPDREMOVE apparently worked
UPDUPDATE - running POPSGN for changed POPSDAT
UPDUPDATE - there are UPDUNIX changes to process
Re-make copy of UPDUPDATE
Re-make copy of UPDCONTROL
UPDRSYNC:  doing binary synchronization
UPDRSYNC: rsync SYSTEM
UPDRSYNC: rsync LIBR
UPDRSYNC: rsync LOAD
AIPSUPD - calling UPDREPORT
AIPSUPD - UPDREPORT done, MNJ finished.
torgo:~ jmangum$

Not sure about the /home/aipssrc error.  Also, I didn't get an email
message (thought I was supposed to).

Cheers,

Jeff