[daip] Re: MNJ implementation after aips installation

Jeff Mangum jmangum at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 1 10:43:58 EST 2005

Hi Eric,

Eric Greisen wrote:

>Jeff Mangum writes:
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > The SysAdmins installed aips on my Mac but did not enable the MNJ.  I
> > have looked at http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/mnj.shtml, but don't see any
> > mention of how to enable the MNJ without also upgrading/installing
> > aips.  What have I missed?
>
>In your home area there should be a file named do_daily.localhost
>assuming the sysadmins did their job correctly.  Your system should
>also call itself LOCALHOST.  Further, your login script (.tcshrc or
>.bashrc) should define $AIPS_ROOT and source or dot LOGIN.CSH or
>LOGIN.SH.

I have do_daily.torgo (machine name is torgo).  I am trying to get an
answer from the sysadmins regarding the machine name (it is also an
issue for IDL licensing).  I already have the bashrc settings.

>Are these things in place?

Yes, I think so.  Machine name issue is entwined with other things, so
don't have a straight answer on that yet.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jeff