[daip] forwarded message from Eric Greisen

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat May 28 16:24:36 EDT 2005

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
To: emily <freeland at astro.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: BPASS bug question
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 14:21:05 -0600

emily writes:
 > hi eric,  i just noticed the new bpass bug patch to 31DEC04 aips (which
 > hopefully means i can stop pulling my hair out over the NAN filled bp
 > tables).  is this also fixed in the 31DEC05 aips or do i specifically need
 > to patch the 31DEC04 aips to solve my problem?

What version are you running?

We issue "patches" for version s that are frozen but fix immediately
the unfrozen development version (31DEC05).  In fact, because of
binary installs and MNJs we actually fix the 31DEC04 release as well
as announcing the "patch" - this is a change.  If you take 31DEC04
after the patch date, the patch is already applied - or if you run a
31DEC04 MNJ after that date it will be applied.  If you have
downloaded 31DEC05 after the date of the actual fix (April 24) or run
a 31DEC05 MNJ after that date, then the fix has already been done.

Note, if you are having trouble with an aips task we encourage you to
contact daip at nrao.edu.  In this way, we can help you if you are making
a mistake or we can find and fix bugs in the code.  If no one tells
us, then we can't know there is something in need of a fix.  Many of
the bugs these days are obscure ones that take special combinations in
the data to provoke - the bPASS one required that all data for channel
1 be flagged in the first scan.

Cheers,

Eric Greisen