[daip] Re: Problem with AIPS installation

Anthony Remijan aremijan at pop900.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon May 16 10:07:38 EDT 2005

Hello again Eric,

We are really close and the tekserv and msgserv windows start but AIPSTV
does not...here is what it does:

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called jansky
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on jansky asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on JANSKY asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC05 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC05) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA01
AIPS 1: THIS MEANS THE TIMDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA02
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on jansky
XASERVERS: Start XAS on jansky, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 2038 720, max grey level 255
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on jansky, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on jansky, DISPLAY :0

Then it just hangs...

Thanks,
Tony