[daip] Re: Problem with AIPS installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 13 11:36:21 EDT 2005

LINK      :            -o /Users/remijan/Desktop/AIPS/31DEC05/MACPPC/PREP/AIPS.EXE
/Users/remijan/Desktop/AIPS/31DEC05/SYSTEM/UNIX/LINK: line 625: /Users/remijan/Desktop/AIPS/31DEC05/MACPPC/PREP/AIPS.o: Permission d
enied
LINK      : Status from  is 126

This error repeats itself for all programs.

I do not know what permission you are lacking.  You have write and
delete permission on the $PREP/<task>.o file since the compiler wrote
it and the script deleted it just fine.  My bet is that you lack write
permission somewhere for temporary files (usually that would be /tmp).
Note - if you lack write permission to /tmp then AIPS will not work.