[daip] Re: Help setting up AIPS...

Anthony Remijan aremijan at pop900.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed May 11 14:15:25 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to install AIPS on a Mac with an OS/10 operating system.  It
also has all the Linux interfaces as well.

I am trying to do this remotely by ssh into the machine.  I have
downloaded the files gcc-3.3.2.tar.gz
<ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/aips/GNU/gcc-3.3.2.tar.gz> and
readline-4.3.tar.gz.
<ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/aips/GNU/readline-4.3.tar.gz>
They are installed into the directory and I did the procedures to
install AIPS from the website.  However, when I try to run the
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gnu command, I get the following:

[jansky:~/gcc-3.3.2] remijan% ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gnu
Configuring for a powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /Users/remijan/gcc-3.3.2
./configure: line 8: cc: command not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
[jansky:~/gcc-3.3.2] remijan%

What file and what do I have to edit to continue with this installation.

Thank you,
Tony