[daip] How to obtain MacOSX cdrom of AIPS (Dec'05) distribution?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Mar 27 15:06:22 EST 2005

Keith Feggans writes:

 > We'd like to install the MacOSX cdrom of AIPS (Dec'05) distribution, since
 > it is faster. Can you tell us:
 >
 > a) Can we download these ISO's and burn our own Cdrom's? If so, where
 >     is the download site for the MacOSX cdrom of AIPS (Dec'05) distribution?
 >
 > b) Otherwise, how do we get a MacOSX cdrom of AIPS (Dec'05) distribution?

We do not offer a CDrom for 31DEC05 since that version is under active
development.  You may do a binary install and then update it via a
binary MNJ.  See the web page for instructions:
     http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips
Basically you download install.pl and then do a
     perl install.pl -n
where the -n says network (a synonym for binary) and answer the
questions.  It is very much like a regular install except that rsync
is used rather than a compiler.