[daip] APCAL bug

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Mar 8 19:31:37 EST 2005

Hi Jim,

It looks like there is something wrong with the TY table, the
Tsys for the left and right circular are different by a factor
of ~5.6, and since the gain curve is identical for the left
and right this give different amplitudes.  The left looks like it
is correct, it ends up giving gain of about 50 for GB as opposed
to about 20 for the other antennas and the RCP of GB.  I think it
is a coincidence that the gains for the VLBA antennas and GB RCP
are similar.  Do a POSSM on stokes 'LL' and see if it makes more
sense, I can't try this b/c I don't have the data only the tables.
Lorant checked the Tcals in the monitor data and the RCP and LCP
Tcals are different for GB, so it looks like a problem with the
monitor data.

Cheers,

Amy