[daip] AIPS install to Mac OS X

hagiwara yoshiaki.hagiwara at nao.ac.jp
Mon Mar 7 02:50:53 EST 2005

Dear Aips manager,

I am trying to install classical AIPS to my laptop running on mac OS X.
Before executing install.pl, gcc and readline obtained at NRAO site
have been successfully installed.
But, I have problem below.
Do you have any idea to sort this out?

BTW, I cannot access to the AIPS homepage since this morning. What
happned to the
AIPS website?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Hagi

WARNING!  The structure of
/Users/hagi/Aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/SYSTEM/MTK/FDEFAULT.S
           is very complex, and while this wizard install
           tries VERY hard to change the right section,
           it may have failed.  Please, PLEASE inspect the
           file and compare it to the original (saved as
           FDEFAULT.SH.dist in
/Users/hagi/Aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/SYSTEM/MTK)
           to make sure the settings are right.  Do this
           BEFORE you proceed any further.
           THIS IS REQUIRED FOR THE 2.95.3 COMPILER IN LINUX
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> after you have verified FDEFAULT.SH::
AipsWiz:  =====> Compile Utility Programs (if needed) in
/Users/hagi/Aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/SYSTEM/MTK...
AipsWiz: Compiling F2PS...
AipsWiz: Compiling F2TEXT...
AipsWiz: Compiling NEWEST...
AipsWiz: Compiling PRINTENV...
AipsWiz: Compiling AIPWD...
AipsWiz: Compiling REVENV...
AipsWiz:         - Compiling ZTRLOP.c...
AipsWiz:         - done.  Now try building the PP preprocessor...
AipsWiz: /sw/bin/g77 -O -o PP.EXE PP.f ZTRLOP.o
AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build PP.EXE in
/Users/hagi/Aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/SYSTEM/MTK
AipsWiz: Error: This will prevent INSTEP2 from starting!!!!
AipsWiz: Error: You need to find out why it failed, but for now
AipsWiz: Error: you can proceed with the rest of the install...