[daip] odd directory

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 20 15:36:04 EDT 2005

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:23:34 -0600, Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu> said:

> I noticed on a user's mac mnj that cvs complained about missing info
> on a directory TEXT/UPDATE.  Our master area does not have this
> directory and I do not believe that it should exist.  But for some
> reason, there is such a directory on installed systems.  Is there some
> reason for this - can it be removed?

> Pat, Wes, Stephan - any thoughts?

Not really; I think you're right the directory can be removed.  It could
easily have been an oops somewhere in the guts of install.pl where the
wrong variable is used to create an UPDATE area.  A quick glance at the
current install.pl in $SYSPERL doesn't show where it might be created
either.  I just can't see anywhere it could conceivably get to do a
mkdir on $AIPS_ROOT/TEXT/UPDATE or even $DOCTXT/UPDATE.

				- Pat