[daip] Re: XGAUS crashes

Jeff Mangum jmangum at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 16 11:50:49 EDT 2005

Sorry... should have attached my inputs too (below).  -- Jeff

Jeff Mangum wrote:

> [...]
>
> Seems to be a problem with XGAUS.  Seen this from several users over
> the past several days, using different data sets...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff
>
> manos > XGAUS1: Task XGAUS  (release of 31DEC05) begins
> manos > XGAUS1: AXIS TYPE VELO-LSR DOES NOT HAVE KNOWN UNITS
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.AMPL1 .   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 125
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.CENTR1.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 126
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.WIDTH1.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 127
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.DAMPL1.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 128
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.DCENT1.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 129
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.DWIDT1.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 130
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.CONST .   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 131
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.SLOPE .   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 132
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.DCONST.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 133
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.DSLOPE.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 134
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.FLUX1 .   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 135
> manos > XGAUS1: Create IRAM04191-22.DFLUX1.   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno
> 136
> manos > XGAUS1: Begin plane      1. of      1.
> manos > XGAUS1: Begin writing file of type XGAUS
> manos > XGAUS1: ZMI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 2048 BEYOND EOF = 1024
> manos > XGAUS1: ZMIO: OPER=READ LUN=16 BLKNO=           1
> 8-BIT-BYTES=  2048
> manos > XGAUS1: ZERROR: IN ZMI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
> manos > XGAUS1: PSCALE: ERROR    3 ON INIT SCRATCH FILE
> manos > XGAUS1: ERROR    3 MOVING DATA TO FILE TYPE XGAU
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    125 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    126 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    127 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    128 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    129 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    130 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    131 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    132 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    133 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    134 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    135 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Destroyed MA image file: catno=    136 disk= 1
> manos > XGAUS1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> manos > XGAUS1: localhost    31DEC05 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=      28

AIPS 1: XGAUS     Fits 1-dimensional Gaussians to images
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'IRAM04191-22'          Input image name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'TRANS '                Input image name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input image disk unit #
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    '            '          Output image name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   '      '                Output image name (class)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output image disk unit #.
AIPS 1: BLC           1         146        Bottom left corner of input
AIPS 1:             111        *rest 0
AIPS 1: TRC          23         146        Top right corner of input
AIPS 1:             111        *rest 0
AIPS 1: YINC          1                    Do every YINCth row
AIPS 1: ZINC          1                    Do every ZINCth plane
AIPS 1: FLUX          0                    Flux cutoff (see HELP)
AIPS 1: BCHAN         1                    # channels at left for
AIPS 1:                                    baseline (-1 => no baseline)
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    # channels at right for
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1:                                    baseline (0 => none)
AIPS 1: DOOUTPUT     -1                    Write residual image
AIPS 1: DOSLICE       1                    Plot data on TEK/TV
AIPS 1: DOMODEL       1                    Plot model on TEK/TV
AIPS 1: DORESID       1                    Plot residuals on TEK/TV
AIPS 1: PIXRANGE      0           0        Min,Max of image intensity
AIPS 1:                                      Max <= Min => entire range
AIPS 1: LTYPE         3                    Type of labeling: 1 border,
AIPS 1:                                    2 no ticks, 3 standard, 4 rel
AIPS 1:                                    to center, 5 rel to subim cen
AIPS 1:                                    6 map pixels
AIPS 1: PIXVAL        0                    Display if peak < PIXVAL
AIPS 1: NITER         0                    Max # fit iterations
AIPS 1:                                     0 -> 100.
AIPS 1: NGAUSS        1                    Number of Gaussians
AIPS 1:                                    Guess of model parameters
AIPS 1: GMAX       *all 0                    Peak of component (JY)
AIPS 1: GPOS       *all 0                    X position (pixels wrt the
AIPS 1:                                      reference pixel)
AIPS 1: GWIDTH     *all 0                    FWHM of comp. (pixels)
AIPS 1:                                    Solve for model parameters?
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1: DOMAX         1           1          Solve for GMAX?
AIPS 1:               1           1
AIPS 1: DOPOS         1           1          Solve for GPOS?
AIPS 1:               1           1           1           1
AIPS 1:               1           1
AIPS 1: DOWIDTH       1           1          Solve for GWIDTH?
AIPS 1:               1           1           1           1
AIPS 1:               1           1           1           1
AIPS 1:               1           1
AIPS 1: DOTV         -1                    > 0 use TV instead of TEK
AIPS 1: GRCHAN        0                    TV graphics channel to use
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disk to avoid for scratch