[daip] Re: HORUS...

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 10 16:44:39 EDT 2005

Anthony Remijan writes:

 > I am having a problem making a channel map of the second IF of my
 > dataset.  Attached is a .tex file from LISTR that shows the 2
 > frequencies in the 2 IFs...
 >
 > I can make channel maps of the first if using either BIF 0; EIF 1 or BIF
 > 1; EIF 1 using HORUS, but when I try the second IF, I get the following
 > error message:
 >
 > ??????> HORUS1: GRDFLT: X and Y convolution type = SPHEROIDAL
 > ??????> HORUS1: GRDFLT: X and Y parms =  3.0000  1.0000
 > ??????> HORUS1: GRDFLT: convolution function sampled every 1/100 of a cell
 > ??????> HORUS1: UVTBUN: Weighting grid =   256 X   256, Box =   0
 > ??????> HORUS1: UVPREP: Maximum U Baseline is  0.000E+00 lambda.
 > ??????> HORUS1: UVINIT: LREC, NPIO =     29      1 ILLEGAL
 > ??????> HORUS1: UVINIT: OR NVIS, BUFSZ, OR BO =         0  32768      1
 > ILLEGAL
 > ??????> HORUS1: UVPREP: TROUBLE INITING UV DATA FILE,  IER=    2

    It appears that HORUS - a task that is rarely used these days -
cannot find any data for the 2nd IF.  Try a task like UVPRT to see if
you can see any data for that IF.  If not there is something about the
calibration perhaps - try UVPRT with DOCAL=-1 to see if there are
uncalibrated data.

 > For some reason, it is not finding the baselines or visibilities...is
 > this a problem with the initial calibration?  That is, do I have to
 > calibrate each IF separately using SELFREQ?  I did not think I had to
 > because there was only one FQ number.

SELFREQ is only used for multiple FREQIDs.  But one has to be careful
running CALIB and CLCAL that one includes all IFs.  Try SNPLT on your
CL table to see if there are amplitudes and phases for IF 1 and IF 2.

You did not attach the LISTR output.