[daip] More on CLCAL problem

Craig Walker cwalker at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 9 15:29:33 EDT 2005

It now looks like the CLCAL problem of my last message is of a somewhat
different character than I thought.  There may not have been an SN4 from
CALIB.  Certainly there isn't one after my rerun of CALIB and my
deletion of a CL and FG tables.  Since EXTDEST does not leave any
messages or history (please change!), I cannot go back and really double
check that I did not make a typo in this process, but I don't think I
did.  Both the main file and a TASAV file are affected.

Assuming that there was no SN4, then CLCAL's messages were confusing and
it's behavior not really what is desired.  The message about deleting
SN4 must have concerned a scratch SN table.  Meanwhile, if SNVER is set
to 4, it should not process 3, which probably has already been applied.
But this is not as much of a problem as what I thought had happened.

Meanwhile, now I don't understand what happened with CALIB.  It claimed
in both the messages and the history to be writing SN4.  And there were
no messages that indicated a later problem.  I will now try rerunning
CALIB and keep more careful track of the existance of the tables before
and after to remove all doubts about a possible deletion afterwards.  It
will take a while.  Stay tuned.

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA