[daip] VLA+Pt Calibration Problem

Emma Rigby eer at roe.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 09:52:59 EDT 2005

Hi Amy and Eric,

Thanks for your emails. I've tracked the problem down to the vlacalib task
I think. I was using the uvrange 90-180 which seems to not calibrate
antenna 29; if I use the full uvrange it is included. Are there any
guidelines as to the uvrange needed to stop the calibrator (3c286) from
being resolved when calibrating vla-pt data? (I also have another vla-pt
data set which works normally when calibrated using the range 90-180 which
leads me to think there's something odd about this one).

Thanks again for the help
Emma

Emma Rigby
Institute for Astronomy     Email: eer at roe.ac.uk
University of Edinburgh     Tel  : +44 (0)131 668 8360
Royal Observatory           Fax  : +44 (0)131 668 8416
Blackford Hill
Edinburgh EH9 3HJ