[daip] Re: AIPS FRING

Yuri Y. Kovalev ykovalev at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 6 15:31:18 EDT 2005

Eric,

Thank you for the answer.
Let me ask additional questions / make some remarks.

1. Could you explain
why FRING is not reporting this in case if I set aparm(9)=0
and keep all the other parameters including SNR cutoff the same?
It does not make sense to me.
Possibly, I do not understand something.

2. Could you explain why in case of
"many baselines to the REFANT are flagged and then there
is no way to reference the phases to that REFANT"
FRING is not using other ANTs from SEARCH?

3. In my view, this comment
fourie> FRING1: Sorry, the data has partitioned into multiple
fourie> FRING1:    disjointed subarrays. Flagging some good
fourie> FRING1:    solns. silly, aint it?
confuses a general AIPS user.
Could you change it to something more helpfull?

Thanks,
Yuri.