[daip] Future of AIPS and AIPS++ question

Sally Laurent-Muehleisen slauren at igpp.ucllnl.org
Tue Jan 25 12:13:01 EST 2005

I am contemplating upgrading my linux OS soon and before I do so, was
wondering if you would be able to tell me what linux OS you will be
testing new versions of AIPS (and/or AIPS++) under.  I believe the most
recent linux kernel under which AIPS has been tested at NRAO is that
contained in the RedHat 9 release.  As I'm sure you know, RedHat has "gone
all enterprise" on us, so will you be testing newer version of AIPS under
the Fedora OS or changing to something else (Mandrake etc).  Just want to
make sure I make an intelligent choice about what to install on my
computer here since AIPS in a very integral part of what I do.

                                              Thank You,
                                               Sally Laurent-Muehleisen