[daip] Re: CXPOLN and CXCLN: missing linear polarization?

Bill Cotton bcotton at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 20 11:33:57 EST 2005

Uwe,
   I haven't used this combination for several years so I'm unsure as
to what state it's in.  What you report sounds like a bug
(suspiciously close to sqrt(2)) however there are several
possibilities.  CXPOLN generates the real and imaginary parts which in
your test case of symmetric data should be Q and U.  You can compare
them with what IMAGR gives without CLEANing.  Also CXCLN generates Q
and U component lists which can be compared with the results of IMAGR.
My guess is that the problem is in CXPOLN as it's more complicated.
The polarization angle rotation may (or may not) be unrelated.

-Bill