[daip] AIPS + Red Had Enterprise question

Michael Bietenholz mbieten at yorku.ca
Mon Jan 17 18:28:34 EST 2005

  I'm installing aips on an new Red Hat Enterprise V3 PC (fresh from
Enterprise install).  Making XAS failed because there is no
/usr/include/X11 on this machine.  Now on my other RedHat
(non-Enterprise) machines this is a symlink to ../X11R6/include/X11,
ie. /usr/X11R6/include/X11

Do you guys have any Red Hat Enterprise machines?  Have you installed
AIPS on them? Could you check if /usr/include/X11 is just a symlink on
/usr/X11R6/include/X11 on Enterpise?  I can easily make the necessary
symlink, just wanted to check that nothing more serious was broken.

   thanks,       michael b